Sunday 18 March 2012

Smartie Bear

Evening Folks!
This is a rare event, two posts in one day but I finished a card this afternoon and I'd like to get it entered into the Pollycraft Monday challenge before it closes!! My mojo was a bit lacking today, which is typical - when I have time to play it disappears and when I have no time there are plenty of ideas going through my mind. Anyway, I found a new (to me anyway) challenge, called Ready Teddy Go, which has the theme 'It's a wrap' and so your piece has to be influenced by packaging and also feature a bear. This made it perfect for me, so here's my take on it :

Inspiration is Smarties packaging:


A few Smarties were eaten during the creative process too, which helped a lot!!


The gorgeous bear is Cuthbert from Pollycraft and I've used their sketch for this one too,  I just rotated it!

 

This has to be one of my favourite bears, so cute and easy to colour:

 The papers are quite old, I think they are by Dovecraft but I'm not too sure as they aren't in their original pack anymore!! Tidy, me - never!!

Here's a peek at the sentiment brad too, again antique stash by Around the block and at least 3 years old!!!
 Thanks for looking this evening and I hope you've had a good weekend!

P.S. I'd also like to enter the challenges at:
Birthday Sundaes - Animal Birthday card
Cute card Thursday - Happy Birthday
I love promarkers - Anything goes
Just some lines - Spring cleaning (old papers and brad)
Crafty Calendar - Spring clean (old papers and brad)


11 comments:

  1. cute papers and image...thansk for sharing at just some lines

    Tina
    dt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacky. Lovely bright card and great for a party image. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely bright and fun card, great image and it all ties together so well. Thanks for joining us this month at Crafty Calendar Challenges.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is fantastic, love the fun bright colours and sweet image. Thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card. Love the bold colors. Thanks for joining us at setimental sundays challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for playing with us at Just Some Lines Spring Cleaning!
    Love, Laura
    ps- don't forget to check out my blog for the extra goody box for my followers (getting close to 100!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute. Thanks for sharing at Just Some Lines.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great take on our challenge Jacky, love the card, it really works.

    Thanks for playing this month and good luck in the challenge draw.

    Warmest wishes, Julie Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card. Thanks for sharing with us at Sentimental Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card. Thanks for sharing with us at Sentimental Sundays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!