Thursday 22 March 2012

Carnation


Morning Folks!
Thursday again which means it's time for another new challenge over at CRAFT, I know it doesn't seem 5 minutes since last Thursday!!
This week we would like to see your 

HANDMADE FLOWERS

I hope you have better luck with this challenge than I did!! This card finished up nothing like my original idea and I ended up a bit frustrated and a long way outside of my comfort zone!! I originally planned to do some gathered felt flowers but they are now in the bottom of the bin - embarrassingly bad - lop sided and however I layered them up they just looked wrong - lots more practice needed!! Attempt 2 involved gathered ribbon - again another messy mistake :-( 
Finally I decided to play it safe and go for a nestabilities flower using the carnation die set (another confession - only used this set once before!!) The end result is OK but then disaster struck again, I wanted to use some digi papers from one of our sponsors but my printer ran out of coloured ink after about an inch. Beginning to feel like giving up, I rummaged through my stash and found this single sheet of paper, I've no idea what it is because I got it in a swap. Still at least it matched. Looking to make the card more interesting I thought I'd stitch around the edge. Really I should have known better, set off boldly along the bottom and then ground to a abrupt and wobbly stop, big knot of thread and unhappy sewing machine. Through gritted teeth I snipped the paper and thread apart. Shoved it back under the machine minus any thread and just went for holes instead which I joined up later with a gold coloured glitter pen. I'm not a patient person and so by this stage I resorted to just going with sticking it all together and hoping for the best. Do you ever get the feeling some cards don't actually want to be made?? Here's the finished article:


 I do hope you can join us for this challenge and that you have more success than I did - LOL!!!
 We have 3 great prizes from our sponsors:

I'd also like to enter the following challenges:
One stop Craft Shop - Handmade Flowers
Cupcake Inspirations - Challenge 152
 



2 comments:

  1. wow this is beautiful..thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

    Tina
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  2. This beautiful and I so love the colours
    TFS with us over at OSCC
    Kym DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!