Friday 8 April 2011

Moulin Rouge Altered CD !


Hello Folks!
I've been wanting to try altering again for a while, so I've had a go at altering a CD - a great use for those freebies of NO greatest hits from who knows when from the Sunday papers!!
This is certainly a bit different to my usual style but I treated myself to the new Moulin Rouge paper pack this week and it is lovely - gorgeous rich colours and it really set me thinking - rare event lately!!
I painted the edge of the CD with black acrylic paint, added a scalloped cut piece of Moulin Rouge paper, stamped over it with music score stamp. Added gold embossed flourishes to the edges and a scalloped piece of dark pink organza material (not sure of the proper name??). The bodice is a clear peel off, backed with MR paper and coloured over with promarker to take some of the shine off the edging.Punched out the holes and tied up with ribbon. I'm sure I had an Eiffel Tower charm somewhere..but I couldn't find it! I improvised a little picture of the Eiffel tower instead. Embossed flat silver colored frame with gold embossing
powder and inked over with black, added tiny picture of Eiffel tower and sealed with thin layer of Glossy Accents. Here's a closer look:

Think I might have got the bug for altering things and getting inky - knew I shouldn't have bought Craft Stamper mag -LOL!!
Thanks for looking, would love to know what you think - good or bad???

I'd also like to enter this into the challenge at

The Crafty Pad - Alter a CD
Just for Fun - Circles

15 comments:

  1. How lovely is this? My friend has her spare bedroom done out all in Moulin Rouge things and its super, where did you get youre Moulin Rouge papers from please? they look lovely and I know for a fact I could put those to good use.
    I just love what you have done here , love the teeny Eiffel Tower too, Paris is my favourite place, thanks for sharing its an inspirational piece :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks Jacky, thats the quickest ive spent £30 in a while hehehe , have a good weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW fantastic makeover can picture this on a bedroom dressing table adding some saucy glitz and glamour to the decoration. Love it! Thank you for joining us at Just for Fun this week XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a transformation, great altered piece, that bodice is stunning!!!

    Thanks for sharing and playing along with us over on JFF - Sam xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes saucy is the right word lol love this :)
    Thanks for joining us at JFF
    Von x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Your project is seriously stunning!! I love what you've created, and always think its good to try something a bit different from your 'usual' style......I reckon you've done yourself proud! So glad you joined the competition at THE CRAFTY PAD....good luck! Hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  7. GOOD ! good good! lol and with this amazingly stunning effort I hope you have got the bug for altering as this is really really NICE! If you don't like it I will even gladly take it off your hands for you :)) Really do love this - can't you tell! Thanks for playing and sharing with us at The Crafty Pad , good luck in the draw!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pretty is this! Super creation.
    Regards Florence.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a makeover just fabulous.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh, this is scrummy. I love the whole design and the colour scheme is gorgeous. Fabulous job. Thanks for entering our altered CD comp at The Crafty Pad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful, very oo la la. I love the colours and textures you have got going on here, and those papers are lush x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh la la, very exotic looking and lots of fun too. Fab work Jacky :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a wonderful altered CD! I can just see it in Nicole's bedroom!!! lol!
    Good luck in our altered CD competition over at The Crafty Pad!
    Thanks for playing!
    Hugs
    :Dawn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This really has the WOW factor. What a stunning piece of artwork. Love the colours you have used, the echo of the pink of the flower in the bodice etc - really fab!
    Thanks for joining us at JFF this week - hope to see more of this as it is a pleasure to visit - Hugs Neet x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so cool. I love all the layers, colour and texture and now you've given me an idea to use up old data storage cds that are out of date.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!