Monday 15 March 2010

Birthday Hound!!







This is the first card I have made in ages, there is nothing like having a stinking cold and the builders in, to make your mojo go walkabout !! I think you are probably OK and not likely to catch my germs!! I needed to make some more 'masculine' cards for family birthdays coming up, and after having a good old rake through my stash, I came up with a very different colour scheme for me, I don't normally use a lot of black but I have to say I like the contrast between the black and bright colours on this one. The stamp is 'Birthday dog' by Penny Black, coloured with promarkers. Paper is by Trimcraft (I think??) and the brad is from a pack of 'Paper treats' by Around the Block which I bought many moons ago... added a touch of sparkle to the candles with some stickles. I think I might send this card to my nephew who is 'almost' a teenager soon!

I'm also going to enter it into some challenges too:
The sketch is from 'Friday Sketchers' #93 which was fun to work with.
'Craftycatz' challenge #23 which is something for the boys
Cards for Men challenge #6 which is Happy Birthday
and also Cute Card Thursday challenge #103 which is celebrations.
Thanks for taking the time to look, I'm off to find my duvet soon!!!


















6 comments:

  1. Great card. Thanks for joining us over at Cards for Men and good luck with the challenge.

    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacky
    A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us at Craftyatz forthis week's challenge,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, love the image hes so cute. Thank you for joining us at Cards for Men, and good luck with the Challenge. Hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right about the black making the DP pop Jacky.
    Love the doggy. His expression is priceless!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Cards For Men. Good luck! Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card!♥

    Thanks for joining Friday Sketchers this week!

    Hugs,
    Aud

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi..your card looks wonderful, thanks for joining in with craftycatz, x carol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!