Saturday 1 September 2018

O Little Town of Bethlehem

Morning Folks! 
This is my first blog post of a double bill today, my Penny Black Saturday Challenge will be along shortly. Meanwhile, we have a new challenge over at SPARKLES CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE today and the theme is:

BLUE & GOLD
Here's my cards - yes plural! - and apologies for the poor photos, I tried to photograph these 3 times but none of the pics are that good - sigh!  I bought this stamp years ago from a fellow crafter but I've only used it once before! Its a clear unmounted stamp from circadesign who still seem to be going but this particular stamp is discontinued. I decided it would look nice done with gold embossing powder, it's been ages since I heat embossed anything but once I'd found everything it was quite fun! I cut the arch shaped image out and mounted it on foam dots on white card with gold mirri underneath. It still looked a bit stark so I added some glittery gold stickers to the corners.

While I'd got all the embossing gear out I grabbed a few more pieces of blue card and made these too:

Please click the piccy below to visit the main blog and see the inspiration from the rest of the design team! You have a whole month to join us, we'd love to see what you make! 


Thank you so much for visiting today and for any comments you're kind enough to leave xx

I'd also like to enter the challenges at:
Word Art Wednesdays - Anything goes
CHNXmas challenge - Anything Christmas goes
The Holly and the Ivy Christmas ChallengeAnything Christmas goes
Merry Little Christmas ChallengeAnything Christmas goes
Simon Says Stamp - Anything goes


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful are your cards l love the colour choices too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful! Thanks so much for playing in our Merry Little Christmas Challenge! Good Luck and I look forward to seeing you again next month!

    Darlene
    Merry Little Christmas DT
    MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply stunning dearie. Lots more for your collection. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how achieved so much on a card with heat embossing! Your layout and color choice is perfect! Thank you so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Have a lovely day! xx Ankita

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super cute card. Thank you for sharing with us at THAIC Challenge. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heat embossed anything for a long time either. Looking at your beautiful card, I feel I should do some again. Thank you for joining in the Anything Christmas with an optional twist of Include An Angel at CHNC.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!