Wednesday 15 August 2018

A bit of an experiment ....

Morning Folks!
Vickie has choosen the theme of 

STAMP YOUR BACKGROUND
(No designer papers)

 over at Sparkles Monthly Challenges this month. My mojo seems to have been buried in the piles of stash that I'm still trying to tidy up, and as a fan of designer paper this challenge was a bit outside my comfort zone! I decided to have a look at Pinterest for some inspiration - wasted another hour - but I was inspired by the Triple Time Stamping Technique and a great tutorial here. I used stamps from the Stampin' Up Petite Petals and Itty Bitty Banners sets to make this:


I have to say this came out better than I expected, my biggest problem was thinking in inches - my brain has gone to fluff over the summer holiday! With hindsight, I think I should have used a bigger stamp or added some leaves or something because there is a bit too much white space for my taste. It would have been quite a quick card to make if I hadn't spent ages looking for some repositional tape to 'anchor' the stack of white layers. Might try this one again when Mr Mojo is not quite so fragile!!

Please visit the main blog

to see the inspiration from the rest of the design team!

Thank you so much for visiting today and for any comments you're kind enough to leave xx

I'd also like to enter the challenges at:
Word Art Wednesday - Anything goes
Pammies Inky PinkiesAnything goes
Creative Fingers ChallengeAnything goes
Craftaholics R UsAnything goes

6 comments:

  1. So beautiful the background is stunning l love it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. a great experiment...wow, teamie!

    Hugs and Kisses from Germany
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your layers. It made for such a beautiful background. Thanks for playing along with us at PIP Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Craftaholics, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love a stamped background! Thanks for joining us at the CraftaholicsRus challenges this week! Follow me at http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet, Jacky. I love the background you've created. It's always a joy to have you play along with us.
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!